Monday, January 30, 2012

First day of my Internship






Today was my first day at Atomhawk Design. I was only surposed to start on Wednesday but I asked if it was o.k. to start earlier because I was really looking forward to working there and didnt want to waste any more time.

They asked me to come around 11 because they still needed to prepare a few things for me before I could begin. Once I was there I introduced myself to everyone again (I'd seen them once before when I came to NewCastle in november but I couldnt really remember anyones names, plus there were some new people). Then Amy showed me my desk. An awesome spot in the corner of the office.. with my back to the wall, so I can see what most people are working on. Its a long office and one of the long walls is all windows... with a great view of NewCastle.. Ill try get a picature of it tomorrow.

Amy told me to settle in, customize photoshop and the wacom to my preferences and then after that I was aloud to look at all the projects Atomhawk has and is working on. I was like alittle kid looking at a collection of all the shiny pokemon cards. After awhile of doing that, Dan showed me a video in the meeting room about Atomhawks own IP they are working on called "Realm". The things I make for that project I'll be aloud to show to people luckily. All the other stuff is under NDA's... so if I'm lucky I can show that in a year.. or maybe 2.. or never O_o.


After that it was nearly lunch time and Ron (the boss) said he'd give me something to do after lunch. So I took a break with some of the others, we went down the road to get some lunch. When we came back everyone just went back to their desk and ate their lunch there.. so I did the same. I still had about a half hour so I went back to the project folder and started looking at some more awesome stuff.

Ron came over later and talked to me abit, showed me which project I would be working on and showed me where the style guide was. After that time flew by, every now and then I walked past my colleges to check out the awesome stuff they were making and Ron came by a few times to check up on me and give me feedback on the work I'd done. At about 18:30 I finished for the day. They are really flexible with your starting and finishing time here at Atomhawk. Im aloud to come in between 9-10 and depending on how late I start I finish between 17:30-18:30.

Time for bed.. looking forward to tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment