Saturday, February 4, 2012

End of my First Week



My first week at Atomhawk is finished and theres only one word I need to describe it and thats awesome! Ive had a great time so far, it took alittle getting used to working 8 hours a day again but its good to be back in a rhythm.

Im really enjoying the work that I get to do and the work that I see getting done around me. As I mentioned before Ive got a great seat in the corner where I can watch a few of the screens of the other artists and see how they work. Every now and then I walk around and ask them some questions and they also come by to see what Im working on and give me some feedback which is great.

Atomhawk is really busy at the moment, theyve got a quite a few projects running, so not everyone is working on the same stuff and sometimes they dont even work on the same project all day, but work a few hours on one then switch to the next.


Ow heres the view from the office window that I said I would post.


At the end of the week a couple of us went out for a drink at a local bar which was great because in the lunch breaks we usually go to the local store and get some food and then when we get back people sit at their desks and eat and dont talk that much. But I got to talk to the guys (and girl), find out where they were from and where they'd worked before they came to Atomhawk.

Anyway.. with all the good.. comes some bad (we must bring balance to the force)

I dont have to get up super early in the mornings but the mornings are still crappy thanks to the shower -_-. Its like a freaking enigma... I have to turn the hot water on 100% and then when I turn the cold tap on the water goes from scaulding hot to freaking ice water! And theres a tinnnnyyy sweet spot that takes me about 1-2min to find every time. But when the tempature is right the water pressure is crap. Oh and did i mention that I have to bend down to get my head under it.....ugh I miss my easy shower back in holland.. just had to turn it ON! end of story.


This saturday was also loads of fun!(but not really) I had do food shopping for the coming week and do all my washing from the last 2 weeks. I had to get really creative with finding a places for my clothes to dry because I dont have one of those drying racks(yet). Thankfully the last guy that was here left a load of his hangers in the cubboard.



I also cleand out one of the kitchen cubboards. I found out a few days ago that it was from the guy that used to live in my room so.. I could use it now. But when I first opened it I got scared and closed it straight away...It had things growing inside....look at the photo if u dont believe me...(its a potato)


But I got rid of all the rubbish inside and purified it all with loads of anti bacterial spray. DIE SCUM!

While I was shopping I found this... BEST Ice creams ever! Combonation on my favorite childhood chocolate with ice cream and popping sweets! Gonna be eating alot of these the coming months...



No comments:

Post a Comment